As a Catholic school, St Joseph’s has an inclusive approach to education, adopting a welcoming attitude towards those with special educational needs, those who are socio-economically disadvantaged, those from First Nations or multicultural backgrounds and those who have faiths other than Catholic.
Consideration in enrolment priority is given in accordance with Cairns Catholic Education’s Enrolment Policy, while at all times having regard for:
- Ensuring families in genuine financial hardship are not denied access to a Catholic Education;
- Ensuring Catholic school options are available for students with a disability;
- Encouraging the engagement of First Nations and multi-cultural families in the life of the school;
- Opportunities for inter-faith understanding and dialogue within school communities;
- Having some flexibility for new enrolments during the year (for example for new families moving into a school’s vicinity).